15 December 2008

Two Weeks Left!

Toward the end of last summer, Toni Hokansan, Supervisor of the Town of New Paltz, told me about a scholarship through The Rotary International that could send me to India for a work study exchange. Despite my having made fun of her for joining the Rotary and calling her a some names ("republican" being the dirtiest and meanest by far), Toni recommended me for what seems now like the opportunity of a lifetime. Only an application essay and a few short interviews later, and I was set to go. Through the Group Study Exchange, the Rotary International is sending myself and four others to Gujarat and Rajasthan to represent the Hudson Valley of New York, talk about our professions, and learn about how our contemporaries approach professions similar to ours in India.

So in less than two weeks, I'm set to leave for what will most likely end up being the most educational trip of my lifetime. I'll do my best to post as often as possible -depending on access to internet- to share my experiences with you all. This will also stop me from having to answer many emails at once and save me time and money in staying in touch with all of you wonderful people.

2 comments:

  1. You give me too much credit. All I did was make sure you knew of the oportunity, the rest was your fabulous personality, intelligence, amazing life experience and wininng smile!

    ReplyDelete